Recent blog posts
For anyone who has ever asked themselves "why is politics still done like this?"
- Update: Audio file of Warren Hatter’s talk is now online 6 December 2012
- What we’ve done so far in 2012 2 October 2012
- Policymaking in the Cloud: Doing Things Differently
- No 8: The broadening inkblot: Self-improvement for people who read newspapers (and blogs…)
- No 7: Breaking the monopolies that control the way schools are designed
- No 6: Citizen-control of personal information
- No 5: Government information? Get the public to provide it!
- No 4: See Change – opening policy research to the public
- No 3: Assertion-flagging: for less partisan, prejudiced blogging
- No 2: The politics of buying stuff
- No 1: Towards Interactive Government
Tag Archives: simpl
What politicians need to know about social public information pt4: Lessons from effective hacktivism
Tweet Enlightenment thinkers were wide awake to the dangers of direct democracy as demands for the franchise increased. The concerns raised by thinkers such as Burke, Mill or DeTocqueville remain very pertinent to the discussions around the idea of The … Continue reading