The Translation Layer – Political Innovation talks 2012
- Crowdsourcing Analysis for Policymakers – Tuesday, 24 January 2012. Speaker: Andrew Stott (former Director of Digital Engagement, The Cabinet Office)
- Co-design & Policymaking – Tuesday 7th February 2012. Speaker: Steph Gray (Helpful Technology)
- Policymaking in the Cloud: Doing Things Differently – Tuesday 28th February 2012. Speaker: Dr Andy Williamson (Honorary Visiting Fellow at the Institute for Social Change (Manchester University) and a former Director of Digital Democracy at the Hansard Society)
- Quicker, Cheaper & Easier Than Polling or Focus-groups – March 4th 2012. Speaker: Dr Nick Buckley (GfK NOP)
- What Policymakers Can Learn From Gaming – April 3rd 2012. Speaker: Jude Ower (The PlayMob)
All events take place 6.30– 8.30pm, The Adam Street Club, 9 Adam Street, London WC2N 6AA (Nr Charing Cross)
Who should come?
- Politicians & their staff
- Campaigns & Public affairs professionals
- Entrepreneurs & investors
- Bloggers & journalists
- Social media specialists
The Translation Layer
We often ask politicians to embrace innovative ideas from the worlds of social media or gaming and use them to solve long-standing problems.
Never before have we faced a position where so many key concepts are not fully understood by policy makers and their stakeholders. They’re tough concepts to grasp if you don’t work in these industries. A Translation Layer is needed. Applying these solutions to the obvious problems with policymaking can help improve an understanding of the wider opportunities presented by innovation.
About Adam St
Hidden in 18th century vaults under the Strand, Adam Street is a central London base for work and play. Here you can relax, work, hang-out, entertain, hide, impress, eat great food and drink excellent wine and cocktails, surrounded by like-minded souls. The membership is built around entrepreneurs and freelancers.
The club comprises a bar, restaurant, meeting rooms, events spaces and an interestingly diverse membership.
If you are an independent-minded person who struggles to separate work and pleasure then you may well find you need a bit of Adam Street in your life.
Adam Street Private Members Club is offering an Associate Members rate of either £600 per year or £50 per month to all attendees of the Political Innovation Event.
To find out more information about membership at Adam Street, Please contact the Membership Manager, Ellie Barrett on 020 7520 9033 or Ellie@adamstreet.co.uk
Events organised in association with: